Thursday, May 20, 2010

Life.

I'm about ready to be done with school and married. Decorate our tiny apartment, only clean up after him and I, blog more, sleep more, do married people "stuff", but most importantly I'm just excited to be with Jon all the time.

Yesterday Lorraine Ricker passed away. She was the mom that pretty much everyone loved. I remember going over to her house in high school during my early release period and she would have a snack ready for Alan and I. She was always laughing, always loud, and always in a good mood. Ally and I were talking about how we never saw her moody or anything. I am sad to say that when Jon came to Texas I didn't bring him over to meet her. After I got back to Idaho my dad told me he had seen the Ricker's and she told my dad to scold me for not having him over so she could approve of him. hahaha. She will be missed. I love you Lorraine! I'm glad we have you to watch over us until we meet again....

So lately I've been stalking craft blogs like mad, I have this dresser that I'm in the process of painting. I'm adding some knobs as well. I love crafting! It's so relaxing and SO wife-like! hahahhaa. I'll be posting pics of the finished product :)

I got my student teaching placement! I'll be teaching 5th grade at Fremont Elementary in Salt Lake. I'm sorta nervous about 5th grade because I have never been in an older classroom, but I NEED the experience and I'm very very excited! I've been SO lucky so far with getting great cooperating teachers...I hope my luck doesn't run out. Teaching is my passion. I've grown so much just this semester with my skills in the classroom. I have learned a lot and Heavenly Father is blessing me with the tme, ability, and confidence that I CAN teach and I will be able to get a job and make a difference in at least one child's life..

Well I better get back to my dresser! I hope everyone is having an amazing week. Peace in the middle east.

0 comments: