This is all I want to say/all I want:
"For a kiss to be really good, you want it to mean something. You want it to be with someone you can't get out of your head, so that when your lips finally touch you feel it everywhere. A kiss so hot and so deep you never want to come up for air. You can't cheat that kiss. Trust me, you don't want to. Cause when you find the right person for a kiss like that, it's everything."
Tuesday, September 30, 2008
This is all I want to say/all I want:
Posted by Meghan at 9:35 AM
Thursday, September 18, 2008
Posted by Meghan at 5:31 PM
Thursday, September 11, 2008
I first wanted to explain why I chose "shenanigan's" as my title. When I started my college career (quite awhile ago) I went to a school in Virginia. Every month this extremely interesting group of people got together and called themselves a comedy club. They would perform on campus and sometimes in town, which i thought was pretty weird in general because the only people that actually lived in town where people that had no teeth and could not hear which i'm guessing was just the result of working in the local factory/underground tunnel that nobody ever explained to me...anyways, this comedy club was probably my favorite thing about that year in VA, you might even call it my guilty pleasure. I actually am nervous posting this because maybe one day by best friend, Josie, will read this and wonder what the heck I was doing being obsessed with them. In the words of a great classic movie--Mean Girls--associating with the "Shenanigan's" as they called themselves was probably "social suicide" just like joining Mathletes would be for Cady (the extremely hot and slutty Lindsay Lohan). But nonetheless, there I was, laughing aloud but skimming my eyes around the room to make sure my friends and boyfriend didn't see me enjoying something so extremely "lame". So to make a long obsession short, ever since then one of my favorite secret words has been Shenanigan's. It perfectly describes life: "a prank".
So I work at a hotel in Rexburg, although there aren't that many to choose from, I'm not going to name it--to keep everyone in this entry (the sacred first entry) identities a secret. When I told one of the head maintenance guys that I was making a blog he immediately replied straight faced with: "you should talk about how sexy everyone here is". I'm almost 100% sure that nobody that works here is sexy, unless, of course you count the rather round breakfast girl that sweats more water on an hourly basis than Michael Phelps has tread in his life...but I think he was serious so let's dive in:
- pitting out in your work shirt everyday because of the lack of air conditioning
- getting waffle mix all over you because the breakfast girl actually lacks the ability to remember she needs to refill it
- changing unlined and extremely wet and sticky trashcans behind the front desk (what the freak are they throwing away in there?)
- having your feet actually stick to the floor in the kitchen
- dodging the guy from the restaurant next door when he comes over to chat about the occupancy while undressing you with his eyes (guys too..)
- listening to the waffle machine beep so many times that you actually lose your sexy and yell at an eighty five year old grandma that is legally blind.
- smelling the breakfast girl when she asks you if she smells O.K. today...
- telling people that the water heater is having some "issues" so that's why their shower was cold
- keeping it a secret that we actually don't have a water heater
- and leaving smelling like 70's musk and chlorine for the rest of the day from the strategically placed pool in the lobby which just gives the hotel a "tropical" feel, as the online reviews say
yeah we're sexy.
Posted by Meghan at 12:58 PM